"I was asking YOU if you thought I'D said merry Christmas to YOU!"
With (probably) our last post of 2012, we couldn't help but get in the festive spirit so in time-honoured Spongers fashion, we start off with a rant. Here's our now semi-regular (and brilliant) contributor Dan Forman with his take on 'Twelve Days of Christmas'.
Truly it's been what a Viz version of the Queen's speech might call an anus horribilis for the Premier League. In no particular order other than it features Chelsea quite a lot (which kind of tells its own story) we have had:
- John Terry abusing Anton Ferdinand (and Chelsea's handling thereof);
- Luis Suarez refusing to shake Patrice Evra’s hand a few months after allegedly abusing him (and Liverpool's handling thereof);
- The Mark Clattenberg affair (and Chelsea's handling thereof);
- Roberto Mancini having to back down and pick a player who refused to warm up;
- John Terry lifting the European Cup;
- Newcastle's sponsorship deal with Wonga;
- Ashley Cole defending John Terry in court;
- Arsenal putting their ticket prices up to the highest in the world, only to then not sign one of the best players in the world, but actually sell one;
- Roman Abramovich stripping out the last remaining layer of Chelsea's soul with the sacking of Roberto di Matteo;